COVID-19 Management Policy
Words on the Waves will follow all guidelines and advice as issued by NSW Health.
– Where capacity guidelines are unclear, Words on the Waves will err on the side of caution.
– Words on the Waves will convene the committee board 21 days prior to the event date, to assess the viability of safely proceeding according to current NSW Health guidelines, and in keeping with the Festival COVID-19 Management Policy. All decisions made by the committee will be final.
– All ticket holders affected by changes introduced by NSW Health will be notified by email.
– Words on the Waves will abide by third party venue policies with regards to vaccination status.
– Words on the Waves will follow Department of Education (or other education provider) guidelines for school-based events or events that invite school children to attend. This may include distancing regulations, mask wearing for child/adult attendees, vaccination of adult visitors and check-ins. Adherence with these guidelines may mean events will be cancelled or postponed.
– If required by the venue, anyone aged 16 and older will be required to show proof of COVID-19 double vaccination (or have an official medical exemption) to gain entry to the site. Where a Digital Certificate via smartphone is not available, a printed immunisation history statement and proof of identity will be accepted.
– Face masks are not mandatory at Words on the Waves Writers Festival ticketed events in line with NSW Government regulations at the time of writing, however are encouraged.
– Words on the Waves Writers Festival reserves the right to make any changes to any aspect of any event without notice, including with regards to our COVID Safe processes listed above. We thank you for your understanding as we attempt to ensure safety for all involved in a constantly evolving situation.
Other Important Things to Note
A COVID-Safe Check-in may be required. This may cause delays at peak times. If you do not have a smartphone, Words on the Waves staff and volunteers can assist with manual registration.
Maintain physical distancing and make liberal use of our onsite hand sanitiser. Please stay home if you are unwell, if you have tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have been identified as a close contact and are self-isolating.
If you have any queries about our COVID-19 Management Policy please contact us at: