This policy describes how we will handle your personal information if you:
- Visit our website or any of our social media channels;
- Purchase tickets or attend our events;
- Are a supplier providing goods or services to us;
- Sign up as a volunteer;
- Contact us via phone, email or facsimile; or
- Sign up for our mailing list.
By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing that information in accordance with this Policy.
What Personal Information do we collect?
The types of personal information we might collect from you includes:
- Your name, postal or street address, phone number and email address;
- Any dietary requirements or accessibility requirements in order to attend our events;
- Details of any of our events you’ve attended;
- If you wish to volunteer with us or provide services to us, details of your relevant employment history or professional skills;
- Photos and videos of our volunteers, guests and speakers at our live events;
- Any feedback you supply to us in connection with any events we host.
What Sensitive Information do you collect?
Some categories of personal information are considered “sensitive information” such as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Ordinarily, we do not expect to collect sensitive information from you. However, we may inadvertently collect health information or religious information from you in order to facilitate dietary or accessibility requests.
We will only collect sensitive information from you if you have provided us that information yourself, or if you otherwise consent to us collecting it.
What happens if we are unable to collect your personal information?
You can decline to provide us with any personal information we request or use a pseudonym, however this may mean we cannot provide some or all of the services to you. If you have any concerns about the personal information we collect, please contact us using the information below.
How do we collect your personal information?
We use different methods to collect your personal information. We mostly collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Register for one of our events;
- Interact with our team at events or via our website or email;
- When you attend one of our events; or
- Sign up for our newsletter.
We may also collect personal information about you:
- From our third party partners who may be participating in events (for example school or university-focused events or co-sponsored events)
- That is publicly available e.g. social media; or
- From our third party suppliers or contractors who assist us in conducting events.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in order to:
- carry out our business;
- provide services and host events and performances;
- fulfil administrative tasks associated with these services (for example billing and ticketing our events);
- For our social media engagement (for example posting photos or videos of events you may have attended);
- To manage any complaints or enquires;
- Inform you of any of our upcoming events or activities; and
- To recruit volunteers.
How do we use or disclose your personal information?
We only use and disclose personal information:
- For the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose that you would reasonable expect);
- For another purpose where we have received your consent; and
- Where otherwise permitted or required by law to do so.
How do we protect your personal information?
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information
How can you access or seek to correct your personal information?
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
We will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
How can you contact us?
If you wish to access or correct any personal information we hold about you, submit an enquire or make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you as quickly as possible (usually within 30 days of hearing from you). If your complaint or concern takes longer, we’ll let you know how the matter is progressing.
Last Updated April 2022