Words on the Waves Writers Festival will primarily be held at select venues in Umina Beach, a sun-drenched coastal village on the Central Coast, NSW.
Main Program Venues
The Words on the Waves Writers Festival main program events (4 and 5 June 2022) will take place at the Umina Beach Surf Life Saving Club (509 Ocean Beach Rd, Umina Beach) and the Ocean Beach Surf Life Saving Club (176 The Esplanade, Umina Beach).
There are large free car parks adjacent to both venues. With both boasting a panoramic beach view, these Festival venues are hard to beat!
There will be a courtesy bus running between these venues at the lunch break. Otherwise it is a seven minute stroll via a quiet back lane or even better, along the scenic beach!
Other Event Venues
Select other special events will take place at other locations across the Central Coast, including:
- The Art House Wyong, 19-21 Margaret St, Wyong
- Naughty Noodle Fun Haus, 5 Broken Bay Rd, Ettalong
- Bar Toto, 83/189 Ocean View Rd, Ettalong
- Work Collective, 3/322-326 West St, Umina Beach
- Woy Woy Library, cnr Blackwall Rd & Oval Ave, Woy Woy
- Jasmine Greens Park Kiosk, Peninsula Recreation Precinct, Sydney Avenue, Umina Beach
- Woy Woy Wharf (for literary cruise), The Boulevarde, Woy Woy
Support our Festival
As a not-for-profit organisation run with a small team of volunteers, contributions of any size go a long way in enriching the creative culture of our community. The Committee includes local Peninsula residents passionate about bringing the arts to the Coast. We are seeking support from the community to help us create a wonderful and inclusive festival.